January 05 2021 – That's Amore Cheese
|Dietary||Vegetarian, Gluten Free|
|Chef||That's Amore Cheese|
- 50 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Brown Onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 400 g Arborio rice
- 1 Glass white dry wine
- 2 Bunch Asparagus chopped
- 180 g Broad beans skins removed
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 L Vegetable stock
- 200 g Parmesan cheese grated
- 100 g That’s Amore Lavato rind removed
- 40 Handful parsley chopped
- salt & pepper
- Place oil in a heavy-based pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 mins until softened.
- Add the rice to the pot and turn up the heat. Cook for a minute or so, stirring constantly, until the rice looks slightly translucent. Add the asparagus, board beans, bay leaf and wine and keep stirring - any alcohol flavours will evaporate.
- Reduce to low heat and add stock, one ladle at a time, stirring between each addition and making sure stock is absorbed before adding the next ladleful, for 15-20 minutes until all the stock is used and rice is al dente.
- Stir in the lavato cut in cubes, parmesan and parsley.
- Remove the pot from the heat and season to taste. Place a lid and leave to rest for 2 mins.
- Buon Appetito!