January 05 2021 – That's Amore Cheese
|Dietary||Vegetarian, Gluten Free|
|Chef||That's Amore Cheese|
- 2 That's Amore Cheese Burrata
- 16 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 15 fresh basil leaves, julienned
- salt & pepper to season
- tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- To make the tomato puree, heat olive oil in a large saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook on a low heat until soft. Add tin diced tomatoes and oregano. Season generously and simmer for 20 mins. Cool, then blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the tomato puree on a serving plate. Drain burrata of its water and place it on top of the puree.
- Cut each tomato in half through the stem end and distribute them around the cheese. Drizzle the tomatoes and burrata generously with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle salt and pepper. Scatter the basil on the salads and serve.