December 13 2022 – That's Amore Cheese
- Softened butter, for spreading
- 2 tbsp cream
- 4 slices of day-old sourdough bread
- 100g That's Amore Ricotta Delicata
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 2 slices ham
- 125g That's Amore Smoked Scamorza, sliced
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, fried to your liking
Preheat the grill element in oven.
Mix cream, ricotta, nutmeg, parmesan, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Spread ricotta mixture over each piece of bread and top with ham. Sandwich together then butter the top and bottom of bread.
Heat an oven-safe pan over medium heat and toast the sandwiches on each side for a minute or until slightly brown. Cover the top of toastie with ricotta mixture, to with slices of smoked scamorza and grill until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Remove and place on a plate. Top toastie with fried egg to serve.