July 14 2022 – That's Amore Cheese
|Chef||Julia Busuttil Nishimura|
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 bulb fennel, finely diced, fronds reserved
- Sea salt
- 400g carnaroli or other risotto rice
- 200ml dry white wine
- 1.5L light chicken or vegetable stock, hot
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon, plus extra to serve
- 100g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 2 tbsp That's Amore Mascarpone, plus extra to serve
Warm butter and olive oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Gently cook shallot and fennel with pinch of salt, stirring occasionally for 10 mins or until soft, ensuring that it doesn't colour. Increase heat to medium and add rice, stirring to toast grains. When grains start to turn a little translucent, add wine.
Allow rice to absorb all of the liquid, then add hot stock, a ladle at a time, stirring rice often between additions. Continue cooking rice and adding stock for about 20 mins, until rice is al dente. When rice is cooked, switch off heat and add lemon juice and zest, Parmigiano Reggiano and mascarpone.
Vigorously stir rice with a wooden spoon to incorporate. Season to taste then divide among plates and serve with dollop of mascarpone, fennel fronds and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.