January 05 2021 – That's Amore Cheese
|Chef||That's Amore Cheese|
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
4 Cheese Sauce
- 50g butter
- 300mL cream
- 100g That's Amore Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 100g That’s Amore Lavato crumbled
- 80g grated That’s Amore Buffalotto
- 80g grated Parmesan cheese
- 80g grated That’s Amore Smoked Ricotta Salata
To prepare polenta
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Slowly add polenta to boiling water. Whisk constantly until all polenta is stirred in and there are no lumps.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 mins or until polenta starts to thicken.
- Cover and cook for 30 mins, whisking every 5 to 6 minutes. When polenta is too thick to whisk, stir with a wooden spoon.
- Polenta is cooked when texture is creamy and the individual grains are tender.
- Turn off heat and add 2 tablespoons butter into polenta. Gently stir until butter partially melts. Cover and let stand for 5 mins to thicken.
To prepare 4 cheese sauce
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan. Add cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 mins or until mixture thickens.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually add blue cheese, lavato, Buffalotto and Parmesan. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy and smooth.
- Transfer polenta to a serving dish, top with 4 cheese sauce and add grated ricotta salata!