November 03 2022 – That's Amore Cheese
|Chef||Julia Busuttil Nishimura|
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into batons, seeds removed
- 3 eschalots/French shallots, finely diced
- 3 sprigs marjoram, plus extra to serve
- Sea salt
- 350g rigatoncini or rigatoni
- 125g That's Amore Cheese burrata, drained
- Parmigiano Reggiano, grated to serve
- Pinch dried chilli flakes, to serve, optional
Warm oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add zucchini, eschalots, marjoram and pinch of sea salt. Cook for 10-12 mins, or until zucchini has softened and starts to caramelise. Keep warm.
Cook pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water until just before al dente.
Return sauce to medium-high heat and scoop pasta directly into pan from the water, using a sieve or large slotted spoon. Use a ladle or cup to add a little pasta water from the pot to the sauce and continue cooking until pasta is al dente. Add more water as needed.
Transfer pasta to a serving bowl and add burrata. Break it open and stir through the hot pasta to coat. Top with more extra-virgin oil, marjoram leaves, plenty of grated Parmigiano Reggiano and pinch of dried chilli flakes.