January 05 2021 – That's Amore Cheese
|Chef||That's Amore Cheese|
- 100g That’s Amore Cheese Ricotta
- 150g That’s Amore Cheese Caciocavallo, grated
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 70g breadcrumbs fresh
- 100mL olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 x 80g thin-cut beef or veal steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100mL dry white wine
- toothpick or kitchen string
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- To prepare the filling combine all ingredients with olive oil and mix well.
- Place steaks between 2 sheets of baking paper and pound each slice with a rolling pin or meat mallet until thin.
- Place 2 tablespoons of filling in the centre of each steak. Roll each slice tightly enclosing the filling and secure sides with toothpicks or kitchen strings.
- Heat a heavy-based ovenproof pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Brown steak rolls on all sides.
- Add wine to pan and simmer for a few mins.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 20 mins, turning steak rolls halfway.
- Serve with a green salad.