January 14 2021 – That's Amore Cheese
|Chef||That's Amore Cheese|
- 400g spinach
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g passata sauce
- 700mL vegetable stock
- 200g Arborio rice
- 2 tbsp That’s Amore Grated Local Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 125g That’s Amore Fior di Latte
- canola or olive oil
- Gently heat oil in a pot.
- Add garlic and cook until softened but not coloured. Add passata and salt to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 mins.
- In the meantime, bring vegetable stock to a boil in a separate pot.
- When sauce is cooked, add rice and cook until passata is mostly absorbed.
- Add a ladle of stock and stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat, adding one ladle of stock at a time until rice is slightly undercooked.
- Remove from heat. Add salt to taste and stir in parmesan.
- Spread over a tray to cool.
- Once rice has cooled, whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Prepare a separate bowl with breadcrumbs.
- Slice That’s Amore Fior di Latte into 12 even strips.
- Divide rice into 12 even portions.
- Take an individual portion of rice and press it flat into your hand. Place a mozzarella strip in the centre and roll until rice forms an even cylinder. Repeat for remaining portions of rice.
- Dip each supplì in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Fill a deep pan with oil and bring to 180°C.
- Fry 2 or 3 supplì at a time in the hot oil until golden.
- Serve immediately to enjoy the hot, oozy cheese centre.