October 03 2020 – That's Amore Cheese
|Chef||That's Amore Cheese|
- 300 mL Espresso Coffee
- 4 eggs
- 80g Sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 300g savoiardi biscuits
- 500g That's Amore Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp marsala liquor or brandy
- Dutch cocoa powder for dusting
- Brew coffee, set aside and leave it to cool.
- Separate egg whites from yolks in 2 different bowls.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar for 5-6 mins, until pale and fluffy.
- Add mascarpone and whisk gently until smooth.
- Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, add whites to the mascarpone mixture and fold gently.
- When coffee is cool, add marsala and stir.
- Dunk the savoiardi in the coffee, quickly and one at the time, and arrange them in a ceramic tray to create the first layer.
- Pour half of the mascarpone mixture over the first layer of savoiardi biscuits.
- Add another layer of soaked biscuits and spread the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Dust with cocoa powder and leave in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.