August 24 2020 – That's Amore Cheese
|Dietary||Vegetarian, Gluten Free|
- 2 That's Amore burrata
- 3 ripe ox heart tomatoes
- 2 French shallots finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- To remove the tomato skins, prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Cut across the base of each tomato and plunge into boiling water for 10 seconds.
- Remove tomatoes from boiling water and immediately place into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Carefully peal away tomato skins with your hands.
- Cut tomatoes into 4 chumps and place in a bowl with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, shallots, vinegar and oil. Toss to combine.
- Place burrata into a shallow serving bowl and break to form a pool of mozzarella, stretched curd and cream. Add a pinch more salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top burrata with tomatoes and any juices from the bowl.
- Season with cracked pepper and serve at room temperature.