January 05 2021 – That's Amore Cheese
|Dietary||Vegetarian, Gluten Free|
|Chef||That's Amore Cheese|
- 5 baby beetroots optional
- 10 mL vinegar
- 1/4 seedless watermelon sliced into rounds
- 2 That’s Amore Buffalo Mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Trim the tops off beetroots, leaving 4cm of the stem. Wash and dry.
- In a large pot add water, vinegar, and salt. Add beetroots and bring water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Cook beetroots until fork tender, about 30 mins. Peel once cooled and slice.
- Place the watermelon slices on paper towels and cover with additional paper towels to absorb the excess juice.
- On a serving dish, alternate slices of buffalo mozzarella and watermelon. Place beetroots in the middle.
- Add fresh basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
- If you prefer a simpler watermelon and mozzarella salad, leave out the beetroot.