July 10 2020 – That's Amore Cheese
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken marylands, skin removed
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 250mL dry white wine
- 30g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 250g large instant lasagna sheets
- 250g That’s Amore Ricotta
- 300g That's Amore Mascarpone
- 50g That's Amore Grated Local Parmesan (plus an extra handful for top)
- 150mL milk
- 1/2 tbsp nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Rehydrate the mushrooms in 1 cup of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a casserole pan over a medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Cook chicken for 2 minutes on each side to seal. Remove from the pan. Add the onion and capsicum and cook, stirring regularly, for 5–10 minutes until the vegetables are soft, then add in the garlic and stir.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the mushrooms, reserve the soaking liquid and roughly chop the mushrooms. Add to the pan along with the tomato paste. Cook for a few minutes, then pour in wine and bring to the boil for 2 minutes. Add the reserved mushroom liquid and tomatoes and bring to the boil again. Return the chicken, add in the rosemary and bay leaves and place the lid on. Cook on low for 40 minutes or until chicken falls away easily from the bone.
- Remove chicken from the pan and cool a little before pulling meat away from the bones. Discard the bones, shred meat with forks and return to sauce. Remove rosemary stalk and bay leaves.
- Combine the ricotta, mascarpone, parmesan, milk, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix together.
- Add a thin layer of chicken to a 1.5L-baking dish then cover with lasagna sheets. Add another thin layer of sauce ensuring the sheets are completely covered. Spread over some ricotta mixture and then layer with more lasagna sheets. Repeat the process to fill the baking dish, finish with the ricotta mixture and extra parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the lasagna sheets are cooked through. Rest for lasagna for 15 minutes before serving.