August 11 2021 – That's Amore Cheese
- 800g (minimum) Rib on the bone (grain fed)
- 6 medium potatoes (dirty Dutch cream)
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80 butter, unsalted for potatoes
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 bay leaf, fresh
- 40g That's Amore Cheese Isolation Blue
- 2 egg yolks
- 125g butter, melted
- lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white vinegar (must be good quality)
Peel the potatoes, trim off the bottom so it can sit flat before slicing very thinly to form a hasselback potato. Preheat your oven at 180°C with your oven tray. Add in your oil fresh herbs and potatoes and roast for about 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and when ready to serve melt down your butter and reheat in foaming butter until hot and crispy again.
Grill the steak to your liking on a mini bbq (if possible).
Make your hollandaise by whisking the eggs and vinegar over a bain-marie until light and double in size. Add the lemon juice then and add your blue cheese crumble at the very end to melt through.
Rest your steak before slicing and serve on a big platter together .